Hello, and welcome to my blog!!

I try to update every week even if it's not about photos...so leave a comment if you want.  I'd love to hear what you think!!

12 May 2008

Mother's Day went out with a bang!

So yesterday was Mother's Day...


JP and I headed to Austin...he played with the boys for a little while (aka- FROLFing, gun range, burgers...real guy stuff) and I was off for some quality time (aka- delicious lunch and a chick flick) with Mom for her special day. It really worked out perfectly, and of course we put off leaving until the last minute because Austin is probably the best city EVER!

It was a totally relaxed and fun loving day all around...



...until this happened.  Aaaagh! ;-)
  



Don't worry, no one was hurt...except poor little Sally (effectively called that as of right now...because it sounds cooler with a car name). Her poor little headlight is hanging on for dear life!  Hopefully it won't cause the pocket book as much damage as it did the car. Feel free to leave me a repair guesstimate...I'm curious to see what people think and should know within a few days (fingers crossed)! 



3 comments:

Eckmama said...

Hi--I'm a total stranger, I found you through Millie Holloman's blog and check your blog every now and then (very jealous that you got to go to Love Affair! how awesome!) and I love your work. Very beautiful. I happened to check tonight and my husband saw your car pic--he's an auto insurance appraiser. Um, possibly bad news about the car. Are you sure you want to know? Did the airbags deploy? We've got a bet about what year the car is, too--I think it's the new body style, and he thinks it's an '05 or earlier. So if you could settle that for us, I could win some chocolate. ;) LOL With a few more details he could give you a pretty good idea of what you're looking at. If you want--I know you'd be taking the word of a stranger, but if it helps I live in San Antonio, so I'm a fellow Texan. :) I'm very glad nobody was hurt and you had such a nice day with your mother!
~Cara

Anonymous said...

YIKES! Poor Sally! I'm guessing that's gonna cost a few 85 1.2's or maybe a new 5D-Yuck! I'm glad every one is ok! Sorry that happened :(

Crystal said...

Hi Cara,

Thanks for the comment! To settle the bet it is a 2001...sorry about that...tell him I said he should buy you chocolate anyway. ;)

Thankfully the airbags didn't go off because it probably would have hurt us more than the accident did.

Are you thinking about going to Love Affair?? I had a blast this year and learned a ton! It was cool because even though there were girls of all skill levels, I don't think anyone felt intimidated or inhibited, etc. It was great! I still blog stalk all 4 of those girls..probably too much, haha.

Do you shoot professionally?

K, well thanks again for your help!